Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dirty Diaper Dilemma

Have you ever seriously considered throwing away a dirty diaper?

If you would have asked me this question a few days ago, I would have looked at you with bewilderment. 
But oh no.. Not today!

My oldest daughter woke up from her nap and lingered in her bedroom. Immediately this was a cue that she is doing her "business" in secrecy. This has happened a thousand times in the past. She will emerge from her room and announce her accomplishments: "Mommy, I shoo shoo." with such pride on her face. (She could care less that she is sitting in a dirty diaper, she just likes to boast about her latest activity.) But Not today! 

When she finally appeared from her room, I had my hands literally tied. I was trying to pacify my youngest daughter, whom is a very needy newborn with reflux. After finally getting the baby soothed and asleep, the phone rang. It was my mother, who of course had a million questions as usual. I was so distracted by the baby, my mother and then the FedEx man with my newest fluff mail, that I honestly FORGOT that DD1 had a present for me.

By the time I remembered an hour had passed. 
Today is the day that I missed sposies! 
Let me rephrase that: Today is the day I miss being able to throw a poopy diaper away!

Once I sat DD1 down to change, I knew the trouble I was in for. It was EVERYWHERE. Thankfully the diaper was able to contain such a disaster! And to make things 100 times worse.. My father had given her a few Oreos the day before. If you can imagine. Now of course if she had been a sposie, it would have been all over the house. So I am thankful for that! But that thought was not crossing my mind as I am attempting to clean out the mess with the diaper sprayer. 

So note to self: 
1.Next time DD1 eats oreos, use a liner.
2.Change a shoo shoo IMMEDIATELY!

2 comments:

Bao said...

Hahaha! Hilarious!!

Trista Anderson said...

Hi I am your newest follower and enjoyed your blg. I would love for you to follow me back. ~Thanks
http://andersonsangels.blogspot.com