Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?


The morning started off like any other day, 
I was a Sophomore in High School sitting in first period
Mr. White's Biology class.
I remember it all too clearly, a few students who
worked as aids in the office went to a few classrooms
alerting the teachers to turn the televisions on.
As Mr. White turned on the television, there is was 
like a scene from an action film
a plane driving into the second tower of the World
Trade Center.
It seemed all too surreal.
"What is going on" I remember thinking.


I remember the gut wrenching sickening feeling 
when I realized the gravity of the situation.
I just witnessed the death of thousands of innocent lives.
Those images still flash through my head and it brings
back that same nauseating wave inside of me.

To know that so many people lost their lives that day,
those victims were someones Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Cousin, 
Daughter, Son, Friend, Husband, Aunt, Uncle...

It is so hard to believe that it has been 10 years
since that horrific day in our history.
It still seems so fresh but such a distant memory.
My heart still goes out to all those who lost a loved
one on that day, for I can't even begin to imagine
the amount of sorrow that this day brings them.
I know they too, more so than I, will never forget
Where they were the day the world stop turning. 



0 comments: